freetds - Re: compile DBD-ODBC with freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Haworth <pmh AT edison.ioppublishing.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: compile DBD-ODBC with freetds
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 20:30:42 +0000 (GMT)

Keith A. Clay wrote:
> I have freetds compiled and am trying to compile the DBD-ODBC with it and
> here are the errors. What do I need to change to get this to compile??

You need an ODBC driver manager like iodbc, which comes with DBD::ODBC. You
compile DBD::ODBC with the manager without regard for which databases you
might
use (apart from testing). Then you need an ODBC driver for FreeTDS (or Sybase
or MSSQL).

> Configuring DBD::ODBC ...

> And re-read it if you have any problems.
>
> Using DBI 1.06 installed in
> /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBI
> Using ODBC in /usr/local/freetds
>
> Umm, this looks like a type of driver manager.
>
> *** WARNING ***
> Unknown driver manager. Using default build process.
> This will almost certainly fail at some point.
> In which case you will need to edit/hack the Makefile.PL
> to suit your needs. (Specifically to locate your odbc
> library and header files.)

See, it doesn't know where (or what) your ODBC driver manager is! Once you've
got a driver manager working, run 'perl Makefile.PL -o /path/to/manager'.

Note that I haven't managed to get DBD::ODBC to talk to anything useful, and I
don't know where to get a driver from.

--
Peter Haworth pmh AT edison.ioppublishing.com
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.