freetds - Home page update and code changes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Home page update and code changes
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 22:59:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

If anyone is around this week (I'm home until the 4th, yay!), I've updated
the web site. I added a mention of the bug tracking to the news, updated
the status page to somewhat resemble reality (Craig I need some words
for the jdbc stuff after you get back and settled, since I have no idea),
and changed all the references from sunsite to metalab (sigh). If you see
anything wrong let me know. Hopefully this week I'll get some time to
work on updating the FAQ as well.

Now for the good stuff...code changes! I was getting ready to do some work
on the ODBC interface, except all the conversion stuff is still in the
dblib directory. So, I merged it all down in to the tds layer. This works
because all the conversions are done by Server-type anyway. So, each
interface just has to map its datatypes to the server types and then call
the conversion routines. So hopefully I didn't screw up too much by doing
this. And it should also help as we get going on a DBI interface.

Brian

  • Home page update and code changes, Brian Bruns, 12/28/1998