fingerlakespermaculture - 5 Solutions for Land-Based Wealth Redistribution (Tomorrow!), Green New Deal in Ag, Water Management Workshop (Ithaca, NY & Surrounding)

  • From: Elizabeth Wellspring Forest Farm <elizabeth AT wellspringforestfarm.com>
  • To: "fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: 5 Solutions for Land-Based Wealth Redistribution (Tomorrow!), Green New Deal in Ag, Water Management Workshop (Ithaca, NY & Surrounding)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 15:37:51 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elizabeth Gabriel - Groundswell <elizabeth AT groundswellcenter.org>
lakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>

Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming

Events and Workshops

THIS WEEK!!

TUESDAY NIGHT!

5 Solutions for Land-Based Wealth Redistribution

An Evening Presentation with Northeast Farmers of Color

Tuesday, Oct 1st

7-9pm

The Space @ Greenstar

RSVP here.

This will be an evening presentation and talk on different solutions around resource leverage, as a way to keep growing the local land access initiative, while moving in a forward direction. The Northeast Farmers of Color is an alliance of Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and Asian farmers making our lives on unceded land in New England.

This is a continuation of conversations started in the community around land access, reconciliation and reparations.

Hosted by: FLX Land Reconciliation and Reparations Working Group

>> more information here <<

First Thursday Incubator Farm Tour and Volunteer Night

THURSDAY, Oct 3rd

5:30pm-7:30pm

Groundswell Center Incubator Farm

101 Rachel Carson Way

RSVP here.

Please join us for our last farm tour and volunteer night of the season at the Incubator Farm. After a 30 min tour of the farm, we will lend a hand at Surik’s orchard, preparing it for the winter season!

>> more information here <<

Farming for Justice Discussion Group

How Green is the New Green Deal in Farming

Tuesday, Oct 8th

9-10:30am

Just Be Cause Center, and via Webinar

Free

RSVP here.

This month we welcome a panel featuring Elizabeth Henderson (Peacework Farm, NOFA Interstate Council), Rafael Aponte, Rocky Acres Community Farm, Youth Farm Project, and young leaders from Sunrise Movement Ithaca to discuss the Green New Deal. The discussion will touch on how the Green New Deal affects farmers and farm workers, eaters and producers.

>> more information here <<

Working with Water on the Land

Water Management Workshop

SATURDAY October 26th

10am-3pm

Wellspring Forest Farm

$25-50, sliding scale

Register here.

With climate change, the Finger Lakes region is projected to have an increase in overall rainfall as well as in the intensity of each rain event. As land caretakers our role then is to understand and harness the power of water in ways that support crop production, wildlife habitat, and carbon sequestration.

Join us to explore and learn methods for reading the landscape to solve water challenges by valuing water as a precious element of land stewardship.

>> more information here <<

 *   * *

Groundswell Center thanks you for your support through our programming…

Don’t hesitate to reply to this email with any questions or thoughts!

Elizabeth
Executive Director
607.793.3383 (c)

--
Elizabeth
----

www.wellspringforestfarm.com
607-793-3383

an agroforestry farm providing *log-grown shiitake & oyster mushrooms *duck eggs *maple syrup *pastured lamb *hands-on workshops*

  • 5 Solutions for Land-Based Wealth Redistribution (Tomorrow!), Green New Deal in Ag, Water Management Workshop (Ithaca, NY & Surrounding), Elizabeth Wellspring Forest Farm, 09/30/2019