fingerlakespermaculture - Land Reparations Discussion with NE Farmers of Color Land Trust

  • From: Elizabeth Wellspring Forest Farm <elizabeth AT wellspringforestfarm.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, Northeast Permaculture <northeasternpermaculture AT lists.riseup.net>
  • Subject: Land Reparations Discussion with NE Farmers of Color Land Trust
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 20:08:52 -0500

Coming up at Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming...

January: NE Farmers of Color & Reparations Map
Wednesdays Jan. 9, 9am - 10:30am
Join in person or via Zoom

Join Groundswell Center and Leah Penniman from Soul Fire Farm and the The Northeast Farmers of Color (NEFOC) Program Coordinator to learn about NEFOC’s structure and work and how farmers of color and white farmers can get involved or take action to support the network and the Reparations Map and project they've developed.

> FFJ is a monthly meeting for farmers, food producers, and food system players interested in digging into the intersection of food, agriculture and social justice. <

ALSO COMING UP at GROUNDSWELL:
3:1 Matched Savings Program for graduates of
Wednesdays January 16 - March 20, 20196pm-9pm, Ithaca, NY
The course is designed as an intensive, and ideal for students to enroll in all 10-weeks.  However, sessions are also available for individual enrollment.
>> Grow Your Farm Business is for people in the early to mid stages of developing a farm business and includes goal setting, matching production to market strategy, assessing feasibility, basic financial and accounting concepts, the legalities of farming, food justice, and sources of capital. <<
New Offering! Graduates of the 10-week series are eligible to enroll in a 3:1 matched savings program in partnership with Alternatives Federal Credit Union and can receive up to $3000 to assist with farm business start-up or expansion costs.

Farming While Black book talk & signing with Leah Penniman
Thursday, March 7, 6:30pm, Ithaca NY

###

Help us reach our YEAR END goal of $30,000!  GIVE TODAY!!

Elizabeth
Executive Director
Coming up at Groundswell Center:
Farming for Justice Discussion: Farmers of Color Land Trust & Reparations  Wed Jan 9 9AM-10:30AM  (join in-person or via Zoom)

Grow Your Farm Business Course/s: Wed's Jan 16 - March 20, 6 - 9PM (enroll in 1 or all of them!)
SAVE THE DATE! March 7th, Farming While Black talk & book signing w/ Leah Penniman

  • Land Reparations Discussion with NE Farmers of Color Land Trust, Elizabeth Wellspring Forest Farm, 01/03/2019