fingerlakespermaculture - Last Chance to Sign Up for This Life Changing Course: Dave Jacke, offers public talk and 2-day workshop in Auburn, NY

  • From: Peter Cramer <cramer.peter AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Last Chance to Sign Up for This Life Changing Course: Dave Jacke, offers public talk and 2-day workshop in Auburn, NY
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 15:54:36 -0400

http://fingerlakespermaculture.org/dave-jacke/

Gardening Like the Forest:

Dave Jacke Workshops in Auburn, NY

The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute

with support from

Owasco Watershed Lake Association, Auburn Beautification Commission and Booker T. Washington Community Center

present a weekend of workshops with author and ecological designer Dave Jacke

Friday Evening Public Talk

Gardening Like the Forest:

Regenerating Watersheds through Ecological Food Production

June 9, 2017, 7-9 PM

Theater Mack, Auburn, NY

$10 at the door. Free admission to OWLA members.  No one turned away for lack of funds.

Concerned about the impact of agriculture on Owasco Lake and our local water supply? Come learn practical ecological solutions for growing food while maintaining healthy watersheds with landscape designer and author Dave Jacke and local forest gardener Peter Cramer.

Healthy forests maintain, fertilize, and renew themselves, naturally. They also build and maintain healthy watersheds. Would you like to grow an abundant food-producing ecosystem like that in your yard or on your farm? You can!

Edible forest gardens mimic the structure and function of natural forests through all their stages of development and grow food, fuel, fiber, fodder, fertilizers, farmaceuticals, and fun. We can meet our own needs and regenerate healthy ecosystems at the same time. This talk introduces the vision of forest gardening with some scientific background, a few living examples, and a sampling of some useful perennial edibles for home- or farm-scale. We’ll pay special attention to how forest garden systems can help rebuild the health of Owasco Lake.

Location: Theater Mack, 203 Genesee St, Auburn, NY

Cost: $10 at the door. Free admission for OWLA members. No one will be turned away for a lack of funds.

Saturday-Sunday Workshop

Gardening Like the Forest:

Fundamentals of Ecological Gardening

June 10-11, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM

Booker T. Washington Community Center

23 Chapman Ave, Auburn, NY

Sliding Scale: $180-$250, $15 discount for OWLA members (includes Friday evening program). Payments above the base of the sliding scale fund scholarships for those in need–please be generous!

Learn how to create healthy food-producing ecosystems by mimicking the structure and function of natural communities! Building on the Friday night talk, for two days we’ll explore the vision, theory, design, and practice of ecosystem agriculture using temperate deciduous forests as models. Lectures, field observations, and experiential classes will reveal the nature of ecosystem architecture, social structure, underground economics, and succession. Participants will also design and plant some forest garden patches at the Auburn Permaculture Park. We’ll learn by doing–and by playing–in a serious way.

Location:Booker T. Washington Community Center, 23 Chapman Ave, Auburn, NY.

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE, call Peter Cramer at 315-258-3771 or email info@fingerlakespermaculture.org

  • Last Chance to Sign Up for This Life Changing Course: Dave Jacke, offers public talk and 2-day workshop in Auburn, NY, Peter Cramer, 05/31/2017