fingerlakespermaculture - Sheep and Shepard looking for a home - an opportunity for our region

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Sheep and Shepard looking for a home - an opportunity for our region
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 10:25:56 -0400

Hi, Folks.  We have an amazing opportunity to bring one of the finest human beings I know to our region – and he’s a terrific permaculture teacher and so much more.  Selfishly, I hope he’ll find a home within a few hours of me since I don’t have a farm to offer him but I need to be unselfish and try to help my friend do what’s best for him.  I’d be glad to tell you more about what I know of Charles.

Here’s his email from another list:

Sheep and Shepherd looking for a home

Tue Aug 9, 2016 9:51 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"charles Williams" whoa9

*Sheep and Shepherd looking for a home*

Dear Friends

After 5 years of Managing Golden Rabbit Ranch in California I will be
moving to the East coast!This is a very exciting move for me as I will be
returning to a bioregion that I dearly love.I am now looking for a place
and situation that I can bring my skills in Permaculture, country living
and interest in restorative agriculture.

Minimally, I am looking for a place where I can bring a few sheep as a seed
for another grazing operation. I would need a place to stay, enough grass
to feed about 10 sheep (5-10 acres of grass) and access to water source.

Ideally, I would find a place with housing for me, grass for my flock, some
winter shelter for the sheep. If I were truly fortunate there would be some
working at the place I move to.

What I will bring with me:

- 10 sheep
-

Fencing
-

Related livestock equipment
-

Tools for carpentry, plumbing and electrical work
-

A wealth of knowledge and experience.

The Flock I have are registered Katahdin Hair Sheep of the highest quality.
I have bread my stock to be RR and immune to scrapies, to have a high
parasite resistance, good feet, long bodies, sturdy legs, and to be good
foragers able to fatten on rugged low quality pasture.

As many of you know I have been teaching and practising Permaculture for
the past 15 years.

A little more about me: I am a native Midwesterner who went to college in
Vermont at Sterling College. I have Run Golden Rabbit Ranch in California
for the past 5 years, prior to that I was the land manager at Diana's
Grove in Missouri and before that directed Farm & Wildernesses boys summer
camp, Timberlake, in Vermont. I have also run wilderness programs, managed
interns and apprentices, planted food forests, developed a community
grazing system, built cabins, barns and houses, marched in the streets for
justice and facilitated more meeting then I care to count.

If all goes will I will be arriving in New England in mid October and would
like to have found a place to land my sheep before I leave California in
late September.

For more information about me, my resume, or references. Please contact me
at
Haplo9 AT gmail.com or call at (828)424-0482.

Kindly

Charles Williams

Golden Rabbit Ranch
<
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Golden-Rabbit-Ranch/205234912993920>

<
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Golden-Rabbit-Ranch/205234912993920>
p.s. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you think might be
interested or who might know folks that would be interested. Thanks!

Warmly,
patty love, MALS, PDC

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com
www.barefootpermaculture.com – owner
www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/
www.empatheticpresence.com

Please note that I do not get to email, text msgs and voice mail every day, since much of my work keeps me in the field, teaching, growing, homesteading, etc.  I look forward to responding to you as soon as possible.  If you require my immediate attention or share my preference to minimize screen time, please call
585.506.6505.

"My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being." ~ patty love

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

  • Sheep and Shepard looking for a home - an opportunity for our region, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 08/30/2016