fingerlakespermaculture - 10/13: Propagating Fruit & Nut Trees + Growing PawPaws handout

  • From: "Sandra J. Repp" <sjr37 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: SUSTAINABLE_TOMPKINS-L <SUSTAINABLE_TOMPKINS-L AT list.cornell.edu>, TC-HSC-L <TC-HSC-L AT list.cornell.edu>, "Fingerlakes Permaculture List (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NWAEG-L <NWAEG-L AT list.cornell.edu>
  • Subject: 10/13: Propagating Fruit & Nut Trees + Growing PawPaws handout
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:21:02 +0000

If you missed our tasting tour of the Cornell PawPaw orchard last evening, or didn’t receive the handout “Growing Paw Paws”, we’ve posted it to our website here: http://ccetompkins.org/resources/growing-paw-paws

You can learn more about growing PawPaws -- and a variety of other edible fruit and nut trees -- next Tuesday at our “Propagating Fruit & Nut Trees” workshop, described below:

Propagating Fruit & Nut Trees

Tuesday, October  13, 6:30-8:30pm

@ CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Ave., Ithaca NY

Sean Dembrosky of Edible Acres will demonstrate techniques for propagating a variety of edible fruit and nut tree species including stratifying seeds and striking cuttings from bushes.  Ripe paw paws from Cornell’s orchard will be available to taste and participants will be able to take home seeds and cuttings as well. Fee: $5-$10/person self-determined sliding scale. Pre-registration is required. Register online at: http://db.ccetompkins.org/programs/civicrm/event/info?id=527&reset=1 or call (607) 272-2292.

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292

www.ccetompkins.org

  • 10/13: Propagating Fruit & Nut Trees + Growing PawPaws handout, Sandra J. Repp, 10/09/2015