fingerlakespermaculture - Upcoming Class Teaches Water Harvesting Techniques (May 2 & 3) (VIDEO)

  • From: Steve Gabriel <steve AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Upcoming Class Teaches Water Harvesting Techniques (May 2 & 3) (VIDEO)
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:11:38 -0400

Come learn how at our Water as a Resource in the Landscape workshop that will be held on May 2 & 3.

Steve & Elizabeth Gabriel of Wellspring Forest Farm will share what they have learned as we develop our farm and homestead so that others can better utilize water on their sites.

The class will cover the basics of mapping and design, teach you how to use a-frames and laser levels to mark out beds, paths, swales, and ponds, and engage hands-on finishing a swale and riparian buffer on the farm. An excavator will also be on site and we will talk about appropriate use of this machine for long term benefit to the land.

See a video of a mini-tour of some of the current systems in place at the farm, and learn more about the class:
http://wellspringforestfarm.blogspot.com/2015/04/earthworks-for-water-harvesting-at-farm.html

  • Upcoming Class Teaches Water Harvesting Techniques (May 2 & 3) (VIDEO), Steve Gabriel, 04/23/2015