fingerlakespermaculture - 3/17: 'Deer Resistant Ornamentals' class at CCE-Tompkins

  • From: "Sandra J. Repp" <sjr37 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: TC-HSC-L <TC-HSC-L AT list.cornell.edu>, SUSTAINABLE_TOMPKINS-L <SUSTAINABLE_TOMPKINS-L AT list.cornell.edu>, NWAEG-L <NWAEG-L AT list.cornell.edu>, "Fingerlakes Permaculture List (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Patricia A. Curran" <pc21 AT cornell.edu>, "Maribea M. Marranca" <mmm10 AT cornell.edu>
  • Subject: 3/17: 'Deer Resistant Ornamentals' class at CCE-Tompkins
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:20:58 +0000

Deer Resistant Ornamentals

Tuesday, March 17, 6:30-8:30pm

Deer have become a major problem for gardeners in this area! This class will feature easy-to-grow flowers, shrubs, and trees that are deer-resistant. Fencing and repellents also will be discussed. Please call (607) 272-2292 to pre-register so we can be sure to make enough handouts! Cost: $5-$10 /person self-determined sliding scale. Call today, space is limited!

NOTE: If you’ve taken this class before, come again for a refresher!  This session will feature an updated PowerPoint and revised handouts, all incorporating the local experience and observations of our Horticulture staff and our Master Gardener volunteers regarding what plants deer in this area do and don’t prefer!

  • 3/17: 'Deer Resistant Ornamentals' class at CCE-Tompkins, Sandra J. Repp, 03/13/2015