fingerlakespermaculture - FW: Insect ID class at CCE Tompkins, Tuesday 9/9, 6-8 pm

  • From: "Chrys B. Gardener" <cab69 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: "Fingerlakes Permaculture List (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org) (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: FW: Insect ID class at CCE Tompkins, Tuesday 9/9, 6-8 pm
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 19:27:00 +0000

Insect Identification Class

Tuesday September 9, 6 – 8 pm

CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca

Cost: $5-$10 sliding scale

Learning  to identify insects in your home garden is a valuable skill. Some insects are beneficial and others are pests so it's very helpful to know the difference.  We will go through the major orders of insects, look at different types of damage to plants by insects, and practice identification skills on insect samples. There will also be information on dealing with major pests using non-toxic methods.

Pre-registration is strongly recommended so that we have participants' contact information in the event of class cancellation. Call 272-2292 or email cab69 AT cornell.edu to register.

- See more at: http://ccetompkins.org/calendar/

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org