fingerlakespermaculture - 6/19: Free seed potatoes

  • From: "Sandra J. Repp" <sjr37 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: NWAEG-L <NWAEG-L AT list.cornell.edu>, "Fingerlakes Permaculture List (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>, SUSTAINABLE_TOMPKINS-L <SUSTAINABLE_TOMPKINS-L AT list.cornell.edu>
  • Cc: Monika Roth <mr55 AT cornell.edu>, "Maribea M. Marranca" <mmm10 AT cornell.edu>, "Patricia A. Curran" <pc21 AT cornell.edu>
  • Subject: 6/19: Free seed potatoes
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:50:27 +0000

Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County has received a donation of ~ 400 lbs of certified seed potatoes from Maine.  We distributed what we could to participants in our programs and so now we are offering them STARTING TOMORROW MORNING (6/19) free to the public.  There are bags of Red Norland and Red Pontiac in the greenhouse by our parking lot at 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca 14850. (Directions here: http://ccetompkins.org/about-us/map-directions).  Bring your own bag or container, help yourself to what you can plant, and get them started as soon as you can.

Our Gardener’s Pot and Canning Jar Swap will start on Thursday, but if you’re coming down tomorrow for potatoes, bring any extra pots you were planning to get rid of, and we’ll take them a day early; just stack them neatly according to size in the designated area.  Info on the pot & jar swap here: http://ccetompkins.org/calendar/10/04/16/gardeners-pot-swap-recycling-event

Sandy Repp

Communications Coordinator

Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County

615 Willow Avenue

Ithaca, New York 14850-3555

(607) 272-2292 x158

Visit http://ccetompkins.org

Find CCE-Tompkins on Facebook

Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter

  • 6/19: Free seed potatoes, Sandra J. Repp, 06/18/2013