fingerlakespermaculture - Community gardens open tomorrow! Plots available.

  • From: Woods Earth <woodsearthclass AT gmail.com>
  • To: sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, "Ithaca's Food Web" <ithacasfoodweb AT gmail.com>, tc-HSC-L AT cornell.edu, BuyLocalNY AT groups.yahoo.com, cayugasustain-L AT list.cornell.edu, ecologyhouse AT cornell.edu, dilmunhill AT cornell.edu, funschooling AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Community gardens open tomorrow! Plots available.
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 13:03:40 -0400

Wood's Earth community garden plots are available for 2013! Gardens open tomorrow - April 1.

Resources at your fingertips. Good soil, deer fence, and drip irrigation make it easy and efficient to grow food or ornamental plants. Try out gardening for the first time, or get the land you need to get in the soil again. Garden in community.

Bikeable from the city. Route 67 bus. Plenty of parking.
Walk to Treman from the gardens for free entrance to swim in the gorge on hot days this summer.

Join our cooperative community of gardeners.
See below for included benefits.

[20% discount  on plots of 1,000 square feet or more]

Click here to to purchase a plot with a secure online payment , or to set up an online payment plan.
Don't want to pay online? No problem. We accept all forms of payment.
Subsidized plots are also available. Just talk to us.

When you rent a plot, you help our nonprofit organization purchase program supplies to grow school food with local youth groups
& expand collaborative farm-to-school programs in our region.

Visit www.woodsearth.com for more information on the community gardens and our other nonprofit programs.

People of all ages and levels of experience are welcome and supported.

~
  • Choose your plot size.
  • Drip irrigation makes it easy and efficient to water your plants.
  • The perimeter deer fence means you don’t have to buy or install fencing.
  • A variety of soil amendments are on-site.
  • Tools, wheelbarrows, books and other resources are available in the shed.
  • Gardeners can use the cold-frame greenhouse or start mushroom logs by the pond.
  • The site is conveniently located, but tucked away with great views and easy access to state parks.
  • Education is offered for all ages, and gardeners offer specialty workshops.
  • All proceeds support our unique nonprofit farm-to-school programs. Find out more here.

--
Audrey Baker
Program Director

www.woodsearth.com
607-592-2902

Wood's Earth Living Classroom
Project of the Center for Transformative Action, 501(c)(3)

  • Community gardens open tomorrow! Plots available., Woods Earth, 03/31/2013