fingerlakespermaculture - Mark Your Calendar - next Friday, June 22nd 7-9 pm - Jonathan Bates talks about his urban food paradise!

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Mark Your Calendar - next Friday, June 22nd 7-9 pm - Jonathan Bates talks about his urban food paradise!
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:07:23 -0400

Edible Forest Gardens: Growing a Food Paradise with Jonathan Bates of Food Forest Farm
Public Talk Description:
 Want to see an edible landscape full of abundance? Through images and discussion enjoy a thriving edible forest garden that produces loads of fruits, roots, shoots, greens, seeds, flowers, mulch, eggs, knowledge and fun. Come learn how to use the plants (and other yields) from this permaculture paradise in your own garden.  With an introduction by Patty Love, owner of Barefoot Edible Landscape and Permaculture, and Program Director of Rochester Permaculture Center, a program of Seeking Common Ground.

Location:  First Unitarian Church of Rochester, 220 Winton Road South
Date:  Friday, June 22, 2012
Time:  6-7 pm — pre-ordered plant delivery in lower parking lot
                (order plants here: http://permaculturenursery.com/specialorder/)
            7-9 pm—public talk followed by Q&A inside church in Gilbert Hall
Sliding scale donation at the door: $8 to $20

Bio:  Jonathan runs Food Forest Farm, a source for useful, edible, hard to find plants. He’s been studying, creating and working with rural and urban gardens in the Connecticut River Valley for a decade, and is a co-designer and inhabitant of an edible forest garden in Holyoke, MA. He is excited to be building his first passive solar bioshelter greenhouse spring 2012, and he will be publishing a book with Eric Toensmeier fall 2012, “Paradise Lot: The Making of a Garden Oasis in the City.”

Warmly,

patty love, MALS, PDC

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture - owner

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Rochester Permaculture Center -
Program Director

www.rochesterpermaculturecenter.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

Please note:  I live a very full life, spending most of my time away from my computer and outdoors working or with my family and friends.  There may be times when I don't respond right away to your important email.  If you require my immediate attention, please call 585.506.6505.

"My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being." patty love

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver

  • Mark Your Calendar - next Friday, June 22nd 7-9 pm - Jonathan Bates talks about his urban food paradise!, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 06/14/2012