fingerlakespermaculture - Fwd: Gleaning announcement to forward

  • From: Matt DiScenna <mdiscenna AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fwd: Gleaning announcement to forward
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 19:33:55 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: katie creeger <creeger AT ecovillage.ithaca.ny.us>
Date: Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: Gleaning announcement to forward
To: Matt DiScenna <mdiscenna AT gmail.com>

Thanks for the reminder -- I forgot about this!

Hi, folks,

I'm reactivating a gleaning program at Kestrel Perch Berries this summer, and I hope you'll be interested in participating from time to time! (No need for a regular commitment; just show up when you can.) Here's how it works:

WHEN: Most Wed. and Sun. evenings, 6-8 pm, June through September.
WHERE: Kestrel Perch Berries, on Rachel Carson Way (off Route 79 W) at EcoVillage, Ithaca
WHAT: Harvesting surplus berries
WHY: So they don't go to waste or spread mold in the field, but instead go to people who can use them
WHO BENEFITS:
-- Kestrel Perch, from improved field hygiene and some picking for sale
--You, because half of what you pick is yours to take home, for free! (The other half stays with KPB, to donate, sell, or use for CSA events)
--Donation recipients, which  include Ithaca Community Harvest (BJM and summer camp snack programs), the Healthy Food For All harvest dinners, and the LACS Localvores/Youth Farm Project.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
-- shoot me an e-mail at ithacaberries AT gmail.com or creeger AT ecovillage.ithaca.ny.us and put GLEANERS in the subject line. I'll add you to KPB's gleaners' listserv, which will get you as many timely reminders as I remember to send out.
-- questions? Just email me before you sign up.

Thanks!
Katie Creeger
Kestrel Perch Berries

--
Matt DiScenna
mdiscenna AT gmail.com

  • Fwd: Gleaning announcement to forward, Matt DiScenna, 06/12/2012