fingerlakespermaculture - Watch "Empowered" Tonight at YMCA

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: Sustainability in Tompkins County <sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Watch "Empowered" Tonight at YMCA
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:33:16 -0400

Still haven't seen our local energy documentary? Here's your chance! Bring your friends and family!

Screening and Q&A
Wednesday, May 16th, 7pm
YMCA of Ithaca & Tompkins County
Graham Road West, Ithaca, NY
FREE
With Producer Suzanne McMannis

Tompkins County, NY is one of the cloudiest, least windy places in the country, and yet its residents are proving that we can meet our energy needs through totally renewable resources. From solar and wind to veggie oil and geothermal, "Empowered: Power from the People" tells the story of one community’s role in the energy independence revolution.

The film is 1 hour 16 minutes and will be followed by a short discussion with audience members.

Learn more and buy the DVD: http://empoweredthemovie.com/watch-the-movie/store

  • Watch "Empowered" Tonight at YMCA, Shira Golding, 05/16/2012