fingerlakespermaculture - Rochester Permaculture Center Events April - June 2012

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Rochester Permaculture Center Events April - June 2012
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 14:21:01 -0400

Greetings, Rochester Permaculture Center Friends!  We’ve been busy scheduling permaculture, chicken tractor, mushroom, biochar, medicinal tea, edible forest gardening, and other workshops, talks, and free events.  Click on any of the links below to get the full description of the event.  We hope to you’ll join us for these community based learning opportunities.  Please forward this message to anyone you think may be interested.

Introduction to Permaculture and Student Design Showcase – Free Event:  Join us Sunday, April 15, 2012 3-5:30 pm at the Flying Squirrel Community Space, 285 Clarissa St., Rochester NY.  Patty Love, director of the Rochester Permaculture Center, and the graduates of RPC’s first Permaculture Design Certification class will introduce the ethics, principles, and methods of permaculture in a brief talk. The students will showcase their final project designs. The community will be invited to listen, review the designs, and ask questions from our group of 6 total.

Edible Forest Gardening In A Nutshell:  An Introduction :  This introductory course takes place on Sunday April 29, 2012 from 9am – 1 pm.  Learn to transform traditional urban and suburban lawn landscapes into abundant food-producing perennial forest gardens.  The course fee is $45-60 sliding scale.

Chicken Coop/Chicken Tractor Workshop:  On Sunday, May 6th we’ll be building a shelter for our suburban chicks using salvaged materials and talk about alternative feeds and incorporating them into a permaculture system.

Garden Tour:
Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:30-6:30 pm.  Come tour the Rochester Permaculture Center and see what's in bloom.  Free will donations to RPC $5-25, no one turned away for lack of funds.  Email us for the address.

Permaculture Design Course:  Starting in May, you can learn about permaculture one Sunday a month.  Get certified in permaculture design through this thirteen day design certificate course with monthly sessions May 2012 – April 2013 right here in the Rochester, led by Patty Love and friends.  Learn about real sustainability and increase your self-reliance.  Course fee is $900-1000 (sliding scale).

Edible Mushroom Inoculation for Backyard Growers and Gardeners:  On Sunday, May 13th, guest teacher, Steve Gabriel, from Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute, will teach us this part science, part art project of edible mushroom growing!  Class size will be limited to 12 participants.  Course fee is $60-100 sliding scale.

Beginning Biochar Workshop:   Kathleen Draper of Finger Lakes Biochar will  be here Sunday, May 20, 2012 with a family friendly introduction to making and using Biochar to improve your garden soils.

Women’s Sunday Afternoon Tea:
Join us on Sunday, June 3rd at Sanctuary at Crowfield to learn about and plant some sacred herbs and have a tea tasting.  Class fee is $45-60 sliding scale.

Public Talk with Jonathan Bates:  On Friday, June 22nd, Jonathan will share his successes and learning opportunities from 10 years of co-managing the urban Food Forest Farm in western Massachusetts.  He will also deliver preordered plants before the talk.

RPC on Facebook: “Like” us and keep up to date this way, too.  Note, we’re still figuring out how to best utilize social media.

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture:  Barefoot Edible Landscape and Permaculture is an edible landscaping and regenerative design firm.  We integrate humans into their environment by creating regenerative, ecologic, organic landscapes that are full of beauty and healthy food.  Our sustainable designs increase self-sufficiency, build nutrient- and life-rich soil, restore local ecosystem health, capture carbon from the atmosphere, and strengthen community resilience.  Contact us today to schedule a consultation for your home, business, farm, or workplace.  Ask about our new garden coaching program – we’ll plant and weed right along side you.

Free Events: We schedule a number of free events during the year to help introduce ourselves to new friends.  Please visit our free events webpage to stay updated.

Intern wanted:  Would you like to learn more about permaculture, edible forest gardening, water catchment, chicken management, biochar, and more through hands-on activities this growing season?  Contact us to see how we can find a mutually beneficial relationship.

Building community is an integral part of what we do so please contact us with any questions you have.  We hope to see you soon.

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Center

www.rochesterpermaculturecenter.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver

  • Rochester Permaculture Center Events April - June 2012, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 04/08/2012