fingerlakespermaculture - FREE Earth Month Screenings of "Empowered"

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: Sustainability in Tompkins County <sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, TC-HSC-L AT cornell.edu
  • Subject: FREE Earth Month Screenings of "Empowered"
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:06:07 -0400

April is Earth Month and a great time to get Empowered!
Our homegrown documentary is inspiring audiences to join the energy revolution, one screening at a time! We're thrilled to announce FIVE FREE SCREENINGS planned for April in Ithaca and the Finger Lakes region. Hope to see you there, and please help us spread the word about these events!

4/1/12, Ithaca, NY: Screening and Q&A at the Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival
Co-presented by Finger Lakes Bioneers
Sunday, April 1st, 2012, Noon
Cinemapolis, 120 E. Green Street, Ithaca, NY
“FLEFF at Ithaca College embraces and interrogates sustainability across all of its forms: economic, social, ecological, political, cultural, technological, and aesthetic. The festival is in the spirit of UNESCO’s initiative on sustainable development.”

4/4/12, Ithaca, NY: Screening and Panel Discussion at Cornell University
Co-presented by Finger Lakes Bioneers, KyotoNOW!, Cornell Wind Power, and Engineers for a Sustainable World Cornell
Wednesday, April 4th, 2012, 5:30pm
Mann Library, Stern Seminar Room 160, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Free parking is available after 5pm in select lots near Mann, including Peterson Lot and Tower Rd.
Cornell alums Director Shira Evergreen and Dominic Frongillo from the Town of Caroline (featured in the film) as well as Art Weaver of Renovus Energy will participate in the post-film discussion. Hosted by Mann Library as part of its Sustainability Month and Resilient Communities outreach programming.

4/16/12, Corning, NY: Screening and Q&A at Corning Community College
Co-presented by Finger Lakes Bioneers
Monday, April 16, 2012, Details TBA

4/18/12, Rochester, NY: Screening and Panel Discussion as part of
LOCALIZATION-A Winter Movie Series on Economy, Food and Energy
Co-presented by Finger Lakes Bioneers and Rochester's Center for Sustainable Living
Wednesday, April 18th, 2012
Brighton Town Hall, 2300 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
With Producer Suzanne McMannis.

4/19/12, Ithaca, NY: Screening and Q&A at Ithaca College’s Earth Week
Presented by the Ithaca College Environmental Society
Thursday, April 19th, 2012, Details TBA
With Producer Suzanne McMannis.

About the Film
Tompkins County, NY is one of the cloudiest, least windy places in the country, and yet its residents are proving that we can meet our energy needs through totally renewable resources. From solar and wind to veggie oil and geothermal, Empowered: Power from the People tells the story of one community’s role in the energy independence revolution.

More info at http://empoweredthemovie.com

- Shira :)

Shira Golding Evergreen
shiraevergreen AT gmail.com
http://www.shirari.com

  • FREE Earth Month Screenings of "Empowered", Shira Golding, 03/31/2012