fingerlakespermaculture - Employment Opportunities with a Wilderness Education & Environmental Summer Camp

  • From: Primitive Pursuits <primitivepursuitscamp AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Employment Opportunities with a Wilderness Education & Environmental Summer Camp
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 14:06:14 -0500

Hello Mr. Burns,

Greetings from Primitive Pursuits here in Ithaca! I’m writing to ask for your assistance in spreading the word about our vast employment opportunities. Primitive Pursuits has been a local leader in the nature awareness movement for ten years, and our year-round youth programs currently serve over 1,000 participants annually. The skills to be gained by working with this program are highly valued in both traditional and outdoor education spheres.

Below is information on a full-time and summer employment positions. Would you please this with members of your listserv.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

In gratitude,

Tim Drake

Primitive Pursuits
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue
Ithaca NY 14850
www.PrimitivePursuits.com
office (607) 272-2292, ext.195 or 198
fax (607) 272-7088

Employment Opportunities with a Wilderness Education

& Environmental Summer Camp

PrimitivePursuits.com
Full time position, pay commensurate with experience, Ithaca, NY

Seeking enthusiastic, gregarious, and enterprising individual to join central New York’s premiere wilderness skills mentoring team! As part of our team, you will work side by side with seasoned Primitive Pursuits staff to plan and implement environmental education programs offered to youth in a variety of local wilderness settings.

In the Field: You will lead trips into undeveloped natural areas, designing group challenges, building fires without matches, gathering and preparing wild foods - learning the skills of cutting-edge nature connection while creating experiences destined to become campfire stories to last a life time. Positions include:

·         Wilderness Instruction

·         Environmental Educator

·         Assistant Program Director

In the Office: Be part of a cutting edge social enterprise, honing your skills & abilities in the real world. Work side by side with a team of entrepreneurial minded program leaders dedicated to building financially successful models of lasting social change. Positions include:

·         Registrar

·         Administrative Assistant

Qualifications include ability to: understand and incorporate teaching philosophy into program delivery; maintain a positive, professional and inclusive environment; collaborate effectively with others and engage youth; promote the Primitive Pursuits nature education mission; keep effective records; and demonstrate commitment to your own professional growth.

Expect a great deal of learning opportunities and a friendly, innovative work environment.

Employment through Cornell Cooperative Extension/Primitive Pursuits

To apply or to request more information please visit our website at:

www.primitivepursuits.com

Primitivepursuits AT cornell.edu

  • Employment Opportunities with a Wilderness Education & Environmental Summer Camp, Primitive Pursuits, 02/13/2012