fingerlakespermaculture - Learn ecological design in Syracuse, starts 2/4/12

  • From: Steve Gabriel <steve AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Learn ecological design in Syracuse, starts 2/4/12
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:03:45 -0500

COMMUNITY TRAINING IN ECOLOGICAL DESIGN

presented by

Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute

FingerLakesPermaculture.org

with

Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County

ExtendOnondaga.org

and

The Alchemical Nursery

AlchemicalNursery.org

February 4 & 5 (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)

then

Thursday evenings, February 9 through April 5 (6:00–8:30 p.m.)

This class gives gardeners, landowners, farmers, and anyone interested in sustainable living tools to get started on a wide range of projects to improve food production, conserve resources, and save money.

We will meet once a week throughout the winter to discuss the principles and techniques of permaculture and ecology that help us make better choices for our land, families, and communities.

2/4 & 2/5: Permaculture & Ecology

2/9: Plants & Niches

2/16: Build a Guild

2/23: Soil & Compost

3/1: Water

3/8: Earthworks

3/15: Trees & Forests

3/22: Community Design

3/29: Design Lab

4/5: Share Design Work

4/14: Rahma Health Clinic garden perma-blitz.

*curriculum subject to changes

Class work will include a self-selected design project; you can design your backyard, garden space, or an entire neighborhood. Examples and applications will be given in both an urban and rural context. Class will be a balance of lecture and hands-on learning.

Instructors include Steve Gabriel, Michael Burns, Kayleigh Burgess, Frank Cetera and regional guests.

Tuition: $200 - $400

(based on what you can afford)

Scholarships may available from generous local organizations.

Visit http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org for information and registration.

Phone: 607.527.0607

Email: info AT fingerlakespermaculture.org

NOTE: This is not a Permaculture Design Certification course. However, your tuition to this series of classes can be applied to our summer PDC course tuition.

--
Steve Gabriel
Program Director, Co-Founder

  • Learn ecological design in Syracuse, starts 2/4/12, Steve Gabriel, 12/28/2011