fingerlakespermaculture - Large quantity of organic seed looking for good home

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Large quantity of organic seed looking for good home
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:47:32 -0500

From: cshafer.friends AT gmail.com

I have an unusual situation I'm hoping to get word out about. Any help would
be appreciated.

Our CSA was destroyed by the Spring 2010 flood in Middle Tennessee, and we
haven't been able to restart the project. I have over $1,800 worth of organic
seed purchased for the 2010 season. Most of it is from Johnny's and High
Mowing, with a few items each from Fedco and Southern Exposure Seed Exchange.
All but a couple of the larger bags of seed are unopened, original packets,
and everything has been stored cool and dry.

The collection contains a variety of crops in quantities appropriate for a
60-member CSA. I have a complete inventory that I can send if you email me off
the list.

I'm hoping to find someone interested in the entire batch, and it seems like
it would be a great opportunity for a small CSA or non-profit garden project.

I'm asking $1100 plus shipping, or best offer, for the whole lot. It really
needs to go in the ground this year!

I have the seed here at Red Fire Farm in MA, so if you're in the northeast, it
could be picked up pretty easily.

All the best,

Carla Shafer
Earthly Goods Farm
Pleasantville, TN

###
http://FLXpermaculture.Net
###
Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
with the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
###

I received this on the COMFOOD list-serve.  The seed is at Red Fire Farm in MA.  Perhaps someone is interested?

[...]

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.

  • Large quantity of organic seed looking for good home, Michael Burns, 12/21/2011