fingerlakespermaculture - Piggery Butchering Classes, Ithaca NY

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Piggery Butchering Classes, Ithaca NY
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:36:18 -0500

From: Rachel Firak <rfirak AT gmail.com>

Local pig farm/charcuterie The Piggery is holding butchering classes this
winter. See below for details...

http://www.thepiggery.net/classes

*Winter 2012 Classes at The Piggery *

*1) Pig Butchering Demo & Sustainable Agriculture Overview*

Looking for the perfect holiday gift or maybe something fun to do during
the long winter months in Ithaca???

The Piggery is bringing it’s popular Pig Butchering Demo & Sustainable
Agriculture Overview to Ithaca. After several years of doing this in-depth
demonstration in NYC, we finally have a space to hold our demo in our
hometown and we’re sooooo excited!!!

Curious about where the pork chop comes from? Wonder what the difference is
between sirloin, rib and center cut chops?? How to cook a rib tip or pork
jowl????

We’ll start the evening with a detailed history of the pig, sustainable
pastured farming techniques and finish with an in-depth demonstration of
how a half of pig is broken down into the cuts you see in your butcher’s
meat case. To get a glimpse of what you’re in for, check out this video of
a recent butchering demo we did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYVpNz7Iyvo

2012 Classes are scheduled for: Jan. 9th, Jan 23rd, Feb. 6, Feb. 20.
Classes start at 6pm and will typically run about 2.5 hours. Each class is
$49. Class size is limited to 20. To sign up, please click here:

*Signup here:*
Jan 9th <http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb293439709>
January 23rd <http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb643441501>
February 6th <http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb873441603>
February 20th <http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb343441864>

Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions! We’re so excited about our new
classes!

--
Rachel Firak
New Farmer Training Coordinator

*Helping diverse learners develop the skills, knowledge and access to
resources they need to build more equitable and sustainable local food
systems*

###
http://FLXpermaculture.Net
###
Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
with the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
###

[...]

January 23rd
February 6th
February 20th

Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions! We’re so excited about our new classes!

--
Rachel Firak
New Farmer Training Coordinator
Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming
PO Box 6679
Ithaca, NY  14851
www.groundswellcenter.org

Helping diverse learners develop the skills, knowledge and access to resources they need to build more equitable and sustainable local food systems

--
Samuel Bosco
Graduate Research Assistant

  • Piggery Butchering Classes, Ithaca NY, Michael Burns, 12/12/2011