fingerlakespermaculture - Re: Saving Ludgate's?

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl AT simonstl.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Katie Quinn-Jacobs <mail AT ithacan.ning.com>, sharetompkins AT lists.aktivix.org, Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>, ithacami AT gmail.com, Joe Marraffino <joe.marraffino AT gmail.com>, TC-HSC-L AT cornell.edu, fcna-ithaca digest subscribers <fcna-ithaca AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: Saving Ludgate's?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:17:06 -0500

On 11/29/11 10:08 AM, Shira Golding wrote:
Perhaps it is too late in the game to suggest such a strategy, but me
and my partner Ari would definitely be able to invest a couple hundred
dollars to save a wonderful place that fills an important niche in the
economy by providing lots of healthy, organic and vegan food options to
folks who live up on the hill.

I've had similar thoughts, along with dreading many more trips down the hill.

I know it's for sale, but wasn't able to find the listing. Anyone know of a good way to bring these stray thoughts to more coherent action?

(I also worry that we need to check zoning. I understand Ludgate is some kind of nonconforming use, and if that use stops, it may not be easy to get it going again.)

Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/