fingerlakespermaculture - 9-Day Permaculture Teacher Training in E. PA!

  • From: Dave Jacke <davej AT edibleforestgardens.com>
  • To: Finger Lakes PC listserv <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: 9-Day Permaculture Teacher Training in E. PA!
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:23:09 -0500

Teaching Permaculture Creatively 2012: Eastern PA

A Nine-Day Intensive Professional Permaculture Teacher Training Course

March 23 through April 1, 2012, Kimberton Waldorf School, Phoenixville, PA

Consider this proposition: Events make the best teachers.  The most significant learnings of our lives mostly come from situations we have experienced, and even when people lecture well, they make their presentation an event from which we learn.  If events make the best teachers, it would follow that effective educators focus their energy on designing effective learning events.  How does this apply to teaching permaculture?

This nine-day intensive Permaculture Teacher Training explores how to create permaculture learning events, applying ecological principles and processes to the design of permaculture workshops, courses, and other experiences.  Learn how to quickly assess students’ learning modalities, eight intelligences, and other niche characteristics; create effective learning environments; design multifunctional, functionally interconnected courses where the whole experience is far greater than the sum of the sessions!

Each trainee in this course will design and run short classes and exercises, speak in public, plan and budget an event, and coteach a public one-day permaculture workshop at course end.  What do whole learning systems look, feel and sound like?  Come find out!  The best way to learn is to do, and to have fun doing it!  Join us!

Limited to 27 certified permaculture design course graduates; pre-course preparation required.

Course Staff:

Dave Jacke, primary author of Edible Forest Gardens, has taught innumerable workshops and courses across the country using the principles you will learn in this training.  This is the fifth teacher training he will lead.

Farmer, educator, and designer Chris Jackson works with at-risk youth and livestock at a school in Plainfield, VT, and homesteads there.  He took this training with Dave and Jono Neiger in 2007, and has taught three trainings with Dave since.

Kim Almeida hails from the south shore of Boston, where she farms organic annual and perennial vegetables, workshops, and social systems.  This will be her second time assisting with this training, which she took in 2009.

Costs:

• A $25 nonrefundable application fee applies to course cost if accepted.  You may register and pay the application fee at: http://permacultureteachertraining.eventbrite.com

• Cost for tuition, meals, lodging: $1,300-$1,700 sliding scale.  Early application discount: $1,250 if completed applications are received before February 1!  Commuters (no breakfast or lodging included): $1,050-$1,450 sliding scale, $1,000 if completed application received by February 1.

• An additional nonrefundable deposit of $275 is required to hold your place once accepted into the program.  Full payment is required by March 1, 2010.

• Partial scholarships will be available—and your completed scholarship application will help us raise funds!

For more information, download the brochure, Student Outcomes, and the course application (includes scholarship application) at http://www.meetup.com/permie/files/.

CONTACT:

The Eastern Pennsylvania Permaculture Guild, c/o Melissa Miles,

101 Abbey Drive, Linfield, PA 19468,
(484) 949-1600,

easternpennpermacultureguild AT gmail.com

-------------
Dave Jacke
Dynamics Ecological Design
308 Main St. #2C • Greenfield, MA • 01301
603-831-1298 • davej AT edibleforestgardens.com

Visit www.edibleforestgardens.com for information on or to purchase my award-winning two-volume book, Edible Forest Gardens.

Mark Krawczyk and I are now writing a new book on Coppice Agroforestry!  Find out more at
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coppiceagroforestry/dave-and-mark-write-a-coppice-agroforestry-book and support our effort by sending a check to the address above—we will honor the same rewards listed on the kickstarter website for any donations sent now.

It is not the strongest species that survives,
nor the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.
    Charles Darwin

  • 9-Day Permaculture Teacher Training in E. PA!, Dave Jacke, 11/16/2011