fingerlakespermaculture - Ithaca Carshare - part-time member services position

  • From: Andy Goodell <geekguyandy AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Ithaca Carshare - part-time member services position
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:19:36 -0400

Ithaca Carshare, a local nonprofit that provides the community with 24/7 access to a fleet of vehicles on a per-hour basis toward a mission of enhancing community access to transportation while reducing negative environmental and economic impacts, is currently looking for someone to join our dedicated staff.

The ideal candidate is excited about working for a dynamic organization that serves a cross-section of Ithaca’s varied community, good at working with both people and things, reliable with minimal supervision, results- and detail-oriented, creative, and experienced in taking personal initiative in the workplace, and comfortable with the flexible duties and schedule that come with being part of a small but strong team. Preference will be given to Ithaca Carshare members, and advanced degrees (or any degrees) are not necessary. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a good driving record are required, while a sense of humor is optional but helpful.

Help us make Ithaca Carshare an even more valued community asset. If you like cars, but hate their impacts, this position is for you.  This position has strong growth potential as Ithaca Carshare expands. This is a great opportunity for a confident person with a professional outlook to join a growing local organization in an emerging transportation industry.

We currently have one part-time opening. The successful candidate(s) will have opportunity for growth in duties, responsibilities, and hours into the future.

On-Call After Hours Member Services

This position starts at 5 hours a week with a focus on answering phones, fielding questions about Ithaca Carshare’s service (and other local transportation services, as necessary), handling applications for membership and existing members’ reservations, occasional outreach activities, working with volunteers on these and other tasks, and other job activities as required. Comfort with using a computer and talking on the phone in a professional setting is required. Training will occur during weekdays at our Collegetown office, but after-training hours for these duties will be evenings, weekends and nights, most likely including 1 weekend or 3 weeknight on-call shifts (5 pm-9 am with occasional extensions) per week. Most work can be performed from home (computer and phone access for work duties is provided), but occasionally trips to vehicle locations are necessary, so an ability to reach our downtown/East Hill core vehicle areas within 20-30 minutes is required. Pay for overnight and weekend shifts includes a stipend for on-call availability in addition to the regular hourly rate for actual work hours.

Application and compensation details

Starting pay is $12.78 per hour, and benefits include an Ithaca Carshare membership and TCAT bus pass (and health insurance for staff scheduled for at least 20 hours/week). Please submit a resume, cover letter and two references via email to <jennifer AT ithacacarshare.org>. We ask for electronic submission of applications, as the position requires comfort with computer use in a professional setting.

We are accepting applications immediately and until 12 noon, Thursday June 9, 2011, with the position to start as soon as possible. However, we do welcome applications at any time, and will review them for future positions. Ithaca Carshare is a certified Living Wage employer and values a reflection of our community’s diversity in our staff and membership.

Andy Goodell
--
IthacaCarshare.org
607.277.3210

  • Ithaca Carshare - part-time member services position, Andy Goodell, 06/02/2011