fingerlakespermaculture - FLPCI Seeks PDC Organizing Intern

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: upstateNYpermaculture AT googlegroups.com
  • Subject: FLPCI Seeks PDC Organizing Intern
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 16:20:20 -0400

2011 PDC Organizing Internship

Interested in teaching permaculture? Do you want to learn what is involved
with organizing a permaculture design certification course? The Finger Lakes
Permaculture Institute would like to invite our alumni and other equally
qualified individuals to apply for our 2011 PDC Organizing Internship.

This is a full-time, volunteer position from July 19th until August 10th. We
also request that the intern be available for evening Skype conference calls
with the teaching team in the weeks leading up to the PDC. This will be as
intense and rewarding as your PDC!

Working closely with Michael Burns, Steve Gabriel, Karry Olson Ramanujan and
Rafter Sass, you will assist the with the PDC administration and logistics,
especially at the class site.

You will be expected to learn and manage the “big picture” of running and
managing a PDC including meeting the camping, food, water, waste, and
classroom needs of the teachers and students. Organizing this learning
community will give you a chance to learn how we build and deliver our
curriculum, evaluate our work, and assess the learning outcomes of our
students.

In addition, you will have the opportunity to teach a permaculture-related
topic that you’re passionate about as part of our evening offerings.

Please visit http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org for information about applying
by the May 31, 2011 deadline. Phone interviews will be conducted the following
week. Applicants will be notified by June 15th.

###

Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
with the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
July 22 through August 7, 2011
http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org

  • FLPCI Seeks PDC Organizing Intern, Michael Burns, 05/13/2011