fingerlakespermaculture - Register now - A few spots left for Edible Forest Garden Design & Theory – March 18-20, 2011

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Register now - A few spots left for Edible Forest Garden Design & Theory – March 18-20, 2011
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:57:54 -0500

Hi, Folks.  Just a reminder that it’s time to register for this next class.  We have just a few spots left…

Edible Forest Garden Design & Theory
– March 18-20, 2011
Would you like to learn how to garden like the forest even in urban/suburban spaces?  Using Edible Forest Gardens by Dave Jacke with Eric Toensmeier as a guide, we will explore the rationale for using these methods to produce a food forest.  We will also explore the design process to create conceptual and detailed designs for the Rochester Permaculture Institute.  Beginners and experienced forest gardeners and permaculture practitioners will all benefit from this experience.  This dynamic, hands-on class will meet 6-9 pm on Friday, 9-9 on Saturday, and 9-1 on Sunday.  All classes will be held in Rochester, NY.  Class size is limited.  Camping and a few indoor overnight accommodations are available.  Sliding scale $175-225 includes lunch and dinner on Saturday.  To register:  Send a check payable to Rochester Permaculture Institute, PO Box 18212, Rochester, NY 14618 along with (1) your name, (2) your mailing address, (3) your email address, and (4) phone number.  Additionally, please send a quick email to patty AT barefootpermaculture.com letting me know to expect you.

Future opportunities:
Upcoming Edible Forest Garden Intensives (stand alone or series):
Edible Forest Garden Installation – April 15-17, 2011
Edible Forest Garden Installation and Caretake – May 13-15, 2011
Edible Forest Garden Caretake and Harvest – August 19-21, 2011

More information at:  http://rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org/events/efg/

Listen to Dave Jacke, Edible Forest Gardens Author, when he comes to Rochester Sunday, April 10th, 2-4 pm
Peace and Permaculture:
Food Forestry for Ecological and Cultural Regeneration
More information at:  http://barefootpermaculture.com/coming-events/davejacke

Permaculture Design Certification Courses – Rochester, NY
Are you looking for an empowering and sustainable way to create change in yourself, the land you live on, and your community?
Four Seasons Permaculture Design Certification 72 hour course, May 2011 – April 2012
OR
Weekend Permaculture Design Certification 72 hour course, 2011:  May 21-22, June 18-19, July 30-31, August 20-21, Sept. 17-18, October 15-16
More information at http://rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org/events/pdc/

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Institute

www.rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver

  • Register now - A few spots left for Edible Forest Garden Design & Theory – March 18-20, 2011, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 03/11/2011