fingerlakespermaculture - Upcoming Classes and Workshops - Edible Forest Gardening - Rochester, NY

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Upcoming Classes and Workshops - Edible Forest Gardening - Rochester, NY
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:46:25 -0500

Upcoming Classes and Workshops – Edible Forest Gardening – Rochester, NY

All classes are stand-alone experiences and may be taken individually or as
a series.
Edible Forest Garden Design & Theory – March 18-20, 2011
Would you like to learn how to garden like the forest even in urban/suburban
spaces?  Using Edible Forest Gardens by Dave Jacke with Eric Toensmeier as a
guide, we will explore the rationale for using these methods to produce a
food forest.  We will also explore the design process to create conceptual
and detailed designs for the Rochester Permaculture Institute.  Beginners
and experienced forest gardeners and permaculture practitioners will all
benefit from this experience.  This dynamic, hands-on class will meet 6-9 pm
on Friday, 9-9 on Saturday, and 9-1 on Sunday.  All classes will be held in
Rochester, NY.  Class size is limited.  Camping and a few indoor overnight
accommodations are available.  Sliding scale $175-225 includes lunch and
dinner on Saturday.  To register:  Send a check payable to Rochester
Permaculture Institute, PO Box 18212, Rochester, NY 14618 along with (1)
your name, (2) your mailing address, (3) your email address, and (4) phone
number.  Additionally, please send a quick email to
patty AT barefootpermaculture.com letting me know to expect you.  Must register
by March 11th.

Edible Forest Garden Installation – April 15-17, 2011
Join us as we begin installing polycultures of multi-purpose plants at the
new Rochester Permaculture Institute a local urban/suburban space. Using
Edible Forest Gardens by Dave Jacke with Eric Toensmeier as a guide, we will
discuss and experience methods and practices to design and plant a food
forest. Beginners and experienced forest gardeners and permaculture
practitioners will all benefit from this experience. This dynamic, hands-on
class will meet 6-9 pm on Friday, 9-9 on Saturday, and 9-1 on Sunday.  All
classes will be held in Rochester, NY.  Class size is limited.  Camping and
a few indoor overnight accommodations are available.  Sliding scale $175-225
includes lunch and dinner on Saturday. To register: Send a check payable to
Rochester Permaculture Institute, PO Box 18212, Rochester, NY 14618 along
with (1) your name, (2) your mailing address, (3) your email address, and
(4) phone number. Additionally, please send a quick email to
patty AT barefootpermaculture.com letting me know to expect you. Must register
by April 8th.
Edible Forest Garden Installation and Caretake – May 13-15, 2011
Join us as we begin installing and caretaking polycultures of multi-purpose
plants at the new Rochester Permaculture Institute a local urban/suburban
space. Using Edible Forest Gardens by Dave Jacke with Eric Toensmeier as a
guide, we will discuss and experience methods and practices to design,
plant, and maintain a food forest. Beginners and experienced forest
gardeners and permaculture practitioners will all benefit from this
experience. This dynamic, hands-on class will meet 6-9 pm on Friday, 9-9 on
Saturday, and 9-1 on Sunday.  All classes will be held in Rochester, NY.
Class size is limited.  Camping and a few indoor overnight accommodations
are available.  Sliding scale $175-225 includes lunch and dinner on
Saturday. To register: Send a check payable to Rochester Permaculture
Institute, PO Box 18212, Rochester, NY 14618 along with (1) your name, (2)
your mailing address, (3) your email address, and (4) phone number.
Additionally, please send a quick email to patty AT barefootpermaculture.com
letting me know to expect you. Must register by May 6th.
Edible Forest Garden Caretake and Harvest – August 19-21, 2011
Join us as we caretake and install new polycultures of multi-purpose plants
at the new Rochester Permaculture Institute a local urban/suburban space.
We’ll gather, harvest, and eat, too. Using Edible Forest Gardens by Dave
Jacke with Eric Toensmeier as a guide, we will discuss and experience
methods and practices to manage a food forest. Beginners and experienced
forest gardeners and permaculture practitioners will all benefit from this
experience. This dynamic, hands-on class will meet 6-9 pm on Friday, 9-9 on
Saturday, and 9-1 on Sunday.  All classes will be held in Rochester, NY.
Class size is limited.  Camping and a few indoor overnight accommodations
are available.  Sliding scale $175-225 includes lunch and dinner on
Saturday. To register: Send a check payable to Rochester Permaculture
Institute, PO Box 18212, Rochester, NY 14618 along with (1) your name, (2)
your mailing address, (3) your email address, and (4) phone number.
Additionally, please send a quick email to patty AT barefootpermaculture.com
letting me know to expect you. Must register by August 12th.
Refund Policy
Cancellations up to 2 weeks before the course begins will be refunded,
excluding a $100 processing fee. No refunds are given after that date.

patty love
Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture
patty AT barefootpermaculture.com
www.barefootpermaculture.com
585.506.6505

  • Upcoming Classes and Workshops - Edible Forest Gardening - Rochester, NY, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 02/19/2011