fingerlakespermaculture - RSVP for FREE Class-Be Your Own Boss: Freelancing and DIY Cottage Industry

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: sharetompkins AT lists.aktivix.org, Sustainability in Tompkins County <sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, TC-HSC-L AT cornell.edu, fcna-ithaca digest subscribers <fcna-ithaca AT googlegroups.com>, BuyLocalNY AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RSVP for FREE Class-Be Your Own Boss: Freelancing and DIY Cottage Industry
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:47:09 -0500

"Be Your Own Boss: Freelancing and DIY Cottage Industry"

Please RSVP by January 31st to info AT shirari.com, 607.821.0654, or on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180433711990708

We will find a date and time that works for those who RSVP. The class will meet once, for 2-3 hours.

If you're unemployed, underemployed, bothered by your current job, already excited to go independent, or just interested in alternative ways to make a living, this workshop is for you. We'll talk about how to decide what kind(s) of work to do and how to market and build your business, how to deal with bookkeeping and legal and tax issues, health insurance and other benefits available to independent workers, and how to make your venture sustainable by forming partnerships and bartering. We'll also talk about how transforming the way we work can help us to transform our economic systems and our world.

This is a FREE class offered as part of Ithaca Freeskool's winter- spring session:
http://ithacafreeskool.wordpress.com/class-descriptions

Facilitators by Shira Golding & Ari Moore, Shirari Industries:
http://shirari.com