fingerlakespermaculture - Re: Finger Lakes Earth First! Mobilizes to STOP DRILLING!

  • From: Ryan Curtis <ryanbcurtis AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Finger Lakes Earth First! Mobilizes to STOP DRILLING!
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:20:22 -0400

you guys have plans for a spot in the ithaca fest parade???

- you could make an impression, I bet .

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Ryan Clover <clover56 AT riseup.net> wrote:
**Please Forward Widely**

Announcing FINGER LAKES EARTH FIRST!

    The land and water cannot depend on the hollow promises of politicians and corporations. Over and over, regulations fail to protect the land and water that gives us life. Counting on the government to protect us is no safer than counting on the oil and gas companies to drill safely. That’s why we started Finger Lakes Earth First! To make space in the gas drilling debate for those of us that are ready to take action to defend our home.

    NO DRILLING! NO COMPROMISE!

May 15th – Come to the Fingerlakes EF! Cookout & What not.

At 4pm, Saturday 5/15 at Stewart Park, Ithaca, NY, we’ll be gathering to celebrate the beginning of a Finger Lakes Earth First! Movement. Bring food for the grill. Games to play. Things to talk about. Friends and family. This is a space to hang out and meet other people in the movement, and to get involved yourself. When you get to the park, look for the black & green flag by the lake ;)

May 17th – FORUM “Guns for Global Warming” Talk by Peter Gelderloos

Monday 5/17 at 7pm, Peter Gelderloos, author of How Non-Violence Protects the State and Consensus, will be presenting an informative and igniting talk called “Guns for Global Warming” Hosted by Fingerlakes Earth First! at the Silent City Distro in Ithaca, NY. 115 E. MLK Street (the commons) www.silentcitydistro.org

This campout will be from May 28-30 with the welcome tent/check-in opening at 4pm Friday. The campout will bring together folks from all over the Marcellus Region and beyond who want to take action to stop gas drilling. There will be workshops, presentations, and games during the day (each one teach one), and performances after dinner. Gatherings like this strengthen our community and give us time to be outside and enjoy the land we’re rising up to defend.

Some workshops/trainings include: Direct Action 101, Medicinal Plant Walk, Earth First Movement Then & Now, Treesits and Climbing. To present a workshop or get more info, visit www.fingerlakesearthfirst.org or e-mail fingerlakesEF AT yahoo.com

------