dyssembler - [dyssembler] aug 6 & 7

dyssembler@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: chapel hill's electronic monthly

  • From: Isaac Bigsby Trogdon <mr@dyss.net>
  • To: dyssembler@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [dyssembler] aug 6 & 7
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:46:20 -0400

http://dyss.net
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
dear all

FRIDAY AUG 6 @ NIGHTLIGHT - 10pm $5

Extreme Animals
Bla Bla Wigout
Dyss Jocks (R.I.P.) - presenting: dance party

making their half yearly appearance in the area, extreme animals rule the rave, rock & reggay school.  2 "men" w/ a truly unique vision of the man / machine interface, from which they produce their music.  have you been hankering for a touch of the insane?  bored w/ nintendo, lightning bolt AND dj screw?  they've got your medicine.  playing their LAST SHOW WITH "ORIGINAL" LINEUP due to deportation: Bla Bla Wigout - and by that i mean, what do you get when some stoners w/ computers buy too many chi-house, dub & blues records... dance culture Fmaking. you heard me.  if for some reason that doesn't fool you into a good mood, prerecorded syncopated rhythms will be on hand by d.jockeys like Smuggler, Mole-eye, One Duran, or Mothers Brothers.  we're not really sure yet, but for positive, come ready to move.
http://nightlight.dyss.net
http://www.paperrad.org/extreme/
http://dyss.net/bla.html
http://dyss.net

SATURDAY AUG 7 @ NIGHTLIGHT

Cantwell Gomez & Jordan
Clang Quartet
Torch Marauder
Mowing Lawns

not a dance party or specifically electronic show - this is music is about rock, improvisation, showmanship & clutter.  soul music for the free-brainers.  i'll refer to the nightlight website for this info: http://nightlight.dyss.net

Where to start... Scotty Irving started turning my ears on sometime in the 90s as the drummer for Greensboro (right?) band, Geezer lake. totally busting the genre thing back then there was no way to go back. his CQ project is an amazing one man performance for shake, rattle & resonance. CG&J stars 3 folks your bound to recognize from a baker's dozen local groups. equal parts notPUNK/notROCK/notJAZZ = pls give me a new way to describe how i love them. big DBjorkback is the Torch. and the torch is a lot of other people named torch and otherwise. his/their performance is schizofried balladry, comedy & love. his new cd on local thang, Pox World Empire is totally WOW. ML may not have the resume of their partners this evening, but they may very well have the lock on pop appeal for the evening. maybe for a little while...

http://www.cantwellgomezandjordan.com
http://silbermedia.com/clangquartet
http://home.att.net/~sandydave/charprof.html
http://dyss.net/mlawns.html

nightlight
405 1/2 w rosemary st
wherever hill NC 27516
http://nightlight.dyss.net

there you have it.  thanks for reading.  tell everyone you know!
-ist
http://dyss.net

  • [dyssembler] aug 6 & 7, Isaac Bigsby Trogdon, 07/30/2004