corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] New address and website for Corpus Paulinum

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paulinum <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] New address and website for Corpus Paulinum
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:53:01 -0500

Dear C-P List Members,

Over the past few months, Corpus Paulinum has become a target for spam
messages from purveyors of get rich quick schemes, body part enlargement
pills, pirated software, and any number of other dubious products and
enterprises..

The number of such of messages sent to the moderators seems to increase
exponentially with each passing day, so that a great deal of time is
wasted in deleting these messages and making sure that they do not get
through to the List membership.

Requests to our host server asking if there was something that could be
done about the obvious harvesting and sharing of the C-P address have
gone unanswered, leaving the moderators with no recourse save to shut
down the list and reincarnate it at another address.

And this is exactly what I have done.

I have created Corpus Paulinum-2 at Yahoo Groups.

I will be attempting to switch all members of C-P over to this new List
as soon as possible. But in the mean time I ask all current C-P members
to help me in this task by sending a subscription request to:

Corpus-Paulinum-2-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com

Please say "Old Member" in the message section of the subscription
request.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

  • [Corpus-Paul] New address and website for Corpus Paulinum, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 10/01/2007