corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Approaches to the question of divine-Christolog y in the NT

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Tony Costa <tmcos AT rogers.com>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Approaches to the question of divine-Christolog y in the NT
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:57:30 -0400 (EDT)

Frank Jacks wrote:

"I dare say that by the Hellenistic era that some Jews
did draw upon Greek metaphysics and its monism to
justify/validate this "exclusivity" but to attribute
this
philosophically based rationale as common to most
(much less all) Jews strikes me as rather
over-reaching."

Why would the Jews have to wait until the "Hellenistic
era" to justify or validate their "exclusivity" as far
as their God goes when Deutero-Isaiah (esp.
Isa.40-49)argued for it centuries before?

Tony Costa, M.A., ThD (cand)
Toronto, Canada