corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Dating of P46 - Thread on TC-list

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "David @ Comcast" <davidinglis2 AT comcast.net>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul@Lists. Ibiblio. Org" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Dating of P46 - Thread on TC-list
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:06:42 -0800

Listers may be interested to know that the issue of Young Kyu Kim's early
dating of P46 has just re-surfaced on TC-list. Probably the best place to
start for anyone who wants to read the thread is this reply to the initial
query: http://rosetta.reltech.org/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?sub=1496&id=231595992.

As far as I am aware (please correct me if I'm wrong), Kim's dating has not
yet been conclusively overturned, despite the paper by Bruce Griffin
mentioned in the reply. Can anyone provide any more information than that
provided by Dan Wallace regarding the reading of the paper? Is anyone on
the list familiar with it's contents, and can anyone comment on whether it
really was "excellent", and why "there seemed to be a collective sigh of
relief" when the paper was read?

Also, I don't know whether I'm seeing conspiracies where none exist, but I
do seem to detect in this thread something I've noted before: A reluctance
to accept 'early' datings unless absolutely necessary. Anyone care to
comment?

Dave Inglis
davidinglis2 AT comcast.net
Lafayette, California, 94549