corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Why did Paul choose the Aegean?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Why did Paul choose the Aegean?
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:27:36 -0500

At 02:11 PM 12/4/03 -0600, you wrote

>Let me state clearly: I do not believe that we should dismiss what Paul or
>Luke or anyone else wrote in assessing the issue, and I do not think that
>appeals to God's leading are necessarily unreasonable or anti-intellectual.

then we are in agreement! and our apparent disagreement merely required a
few clarifications.

>If "what the text says" is the only answer, and in this case for Acts about
>Paul, and to be read off the top at that, then we hardly need such forums
>for discussion, it would seem to me.

no, its not the only answer, i was merely suggesting (in my typically
"a-personality" type way) that it should be the primary point of departure
in a discussion by biblical scholars.

>I hope we can drop this aspect of the thread with this response, but perhaps
>you would like the last word.

i'll let jeff gibson have the last word. ;-)
a neutral party last word, thats always best! (2 posts for you, 2 for me,
one for jeff.....)

jim

Dr Jim West
Pastor, Petros Baptist Church