corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Questions on the use of the OT in Romans

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Billy Evans" <Biblewje AT comcast.net>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Questions on the use of the OT in Romans
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 20:44:58 -0500

Siu-fung:
No doubt you are aware of an 'oldie' by E. Earle Ellis, Paul's Use of the
Old Testament' 1957. The index on Romans is filled with references. I am
sure this list can supply newer treatments. Richard Longenecker (another
'oldie') can provide medodological reviews of Paul and his exegetical
practices in Romans (again check index on Romans and the chapter on this pp.
104-133) in his Biblicl Exegesis in the Apostolic Period, Eerdmans, 1975.

W J Evans
Nashville