corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Re:theology of Paul text.

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jeff Peterson <peterson AT austingrad.edu>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Re:theology of Paul text.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:15:59 -0500

Dittoes on Gorman -- I found it a very helpful introductory reading for MA students studying Galatians and Romans last semester.

Jeff Peterson

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 09:46 AM, Jim Miller wrote:

Dear Jim,

For a seminary-level text, I recommend Michael Gorman's Cruciformity: Paul's
Narrative Spirituality of the Cross (Eerdmans). This is not a treatment of
Paul's theology as a whole (as you will find with Dunn, for example). But it
does address in a quite challenging manner the goal of Paul's
theologizing——the formation of cruciform communities of God's people. This
is a book with which those preparing for Christian ministry need to engage.

James C. Miller
Daystar University
Nairobi, Kenya