corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul's churches copy his letters?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: LARRY SWAIN <theswain AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul's churches copy his letters?
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:00:25 -0800 (PST)

Some years ago, Eugene Lemcio wrote an article
speculating that Ephesus was the site that gathered
the NT canon, or at least the gospels, Johannine
letters, and Pauline letters together. For this
discussion, all it would take is one community asking
the others for copies of their letters, and there
seems to have been enough communication between
Pauline churches to assume that they did indeed have
at least some idea that other letters existed.

Larry Swain
UIC