corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] recommendations for undergraduate book on Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Matthew Baldwin <mbaldwin AT mhc.edu>
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] recommendations for undergraduate book on Paul
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:16:06 -0500

Greetings:

Facing the task of teaching my first semester-long survey of the life and
letters of Paul, I find myself completely unsure as to which texts to use
(beyond the obvious: Paul's authentic letters and Acts). My college is a
small, undergraduates only, Christian liberal arts school in rural
Appalachia; the students are as advanced as they come out here (i.e. not
too very advanced); so they will still need BASIC contextual and
conceptual information.

What are the best books on Paul pitched at the non-greek reading
non-biblical scholar culturally Christian but intellectually curioius
undergraduate student?

I regret the fact that I have no idea myself, it seems like a serious gap in
my education, but mayhaps you all can help.

Thanks a million,

Matthew Baldwin

Matthew C. Baldwin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor