corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Re: SBL E-Listers' Meeting - Follow-up

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Noel Fitzpatrick" <njfitzpatrick AT eircom.net>
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Re: SBL E-Listers' Meeting - Follow-up
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:29:43 -0000

Recently information about the sixth international e-listers
gathering at the SBL meeting has been sent to a number of e-
lists with interests in biblical literature.

I was very interested to get this information. The number of e-
lists circulated shows the very healthy interest in biblical based e-
lists at present, as did the number of those who indicated they
would attend the SBL meeting.

Would it be of general benefit to let subscribers to the e-lists be
informed about the relevant discussions that took place at the
SBL meeting and would the participants there from the various e-
lists like to give a summary of the presentations they made at the
SBL meeting to the e-lists with which they are associated?

I find joining and participating in e-lists most beneficial and I am
always most impressed with the high standards of netiquette
observed. Of course robust discussions, as opposed to personal
invective, enliven contributions sometimes.

Academic or partially-academic e-lists, where experts and
neophytes contribute with mutual respect, benefit all
participants. Thus I do hope that e-lists keep their membership
open to all. A limitation to those with formal qualifications in
certain fields would not raise the academic standards of the lists.
Those who join, but lack interest or motivation, presumably drop
out when the realize the nature of the e-lists.

Finally I would like to express my thanks to and appreciation of
the moderators and all those actively involved in running the
biblical based e-lists.

Regards,

Noel Fitzpatrick.
Noel Fitzpatrick
16 Granville Park
Blackrock
Co Dublin
Ireland

Phone: 353 1 2893851

  • [Corpus-Paul] Re: SBL E-Listers' Meeting - Follow-up, Noel Fitzpatrick, 12/02/2002