corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-paul] Weak and strong in Romans 14

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "David C. Hindley" <dhindley AT compuserve.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-paul] Weak and strong in Romans 14
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:54:45 -0400

Loren Rosson III comments:

>>Well, I had to give Mark [Nanos] a plug here. Mystery of Romans is one of
those books you read, and then sit back and scratch your head, saying, "Why
didn't we ever see this before?"<<

Just the other day I was reading that same passage in _Mystery_ about
"strong" and "weak." What is delightful about reading Nanos' books is that I
can recall threads he had initiated on Corpus Paul about most all of the
subjects in them. A while back I realized that Mark was actively seeking
dialogue with others to help him craft his analysis and argumentative
strategy. I like that.

The only problem, I think, is that Mark's books are almost too densely
packed with information to take in at one sitting. I get the most use from
them by reading individual sections on topics of interest, and following up
on the bibliography (a feature that is also shared, in my experience, with
books by Kloppenborg-Verbin and J. P. Meier).

Respectfully,

Dave Hindley
Cleveland, Ohio, USA