corpus-paul - Re: Romans 13:1-7

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim Hester <hester AT jasper.uor.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Romans 13:1-7
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:11:15 -0700

Greetings!

> Is there another explanation of Paul's words (assuming it really is Paul)
> that works without resorting to special pleading? There's clearly no
> consensus among scholars, and so far I find myself unconvinced by any
> approach I've come across.

You might take a look at Jan Botha's dissertation, Reading Romans 13:
Aspects of Ethics of Interpretation in a Controversial Text.

I'm sorry; the copy I have was printed in fulfillment of the requirements
for his degree. I think he had it published later but I don't know the name
of the publisher or the date of publication.
Jim Hester "Never be afraid to try something new.
736 Buckingham Drive Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Redlands, CA 92374 Professionals built the Titanic."
(909) 792-0533
hester AT uor.edu http://rhetjournal.uor.edu
http://www.ars-rhetorica.net