corpus-paul - Re: N. T. Wright , "Paul's Gospel and Caesar's Empire"

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Stephen C. Carlson" <scarlson AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: N. T. Wright , "Paul's Gospel and Caesar's Empire"
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:53:02 -0500

At 07:43 AM 11/21/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I repeat an earlier question though - is Paul secessionist? Is the
>deutero-Pauline school secessionist?
>
>Is secessionist even the right word?

If I catch your drift correctly, "supersessionist" would
be the correct word. A secessionist would be one who
called on Jewish believers in Christ to separate themselves
from other Jews. A supersessionist, on the other hand,
would be one who claimed that Christianity replaced
Judaism as antiquated.

Stephen Carlson
--
Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson AT mindspring.com

  • Re: N. T. Wright , "Paul's Gospel and Caesar's Empire", Stephen C. Carlson, 11/21/2001