corpus-paul - Sad News: Anthony J. Saldarini

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT home.com>
  • To: Crosstalk2 <crosstalk2 AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Synoptic-L <Synoptic-L AT bham.ac.uk>, Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, biblical-studies <biblical-studies AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Sad News: Anthony J. Saldarini
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:25:13 -0500

From the Ioudaios List:

****
It is with heavy heart that I inform you of the death of our friend
and colleague, Anthony J. Saldarini, Professor of Biblical Studies at
Boston College, after a long illness. Tony passed away yesterday,
September 16. He received his PhD from Yale University in Near
Eastern Languages and Literatures in 1971. He authored several
significant studies, including Matthew's Christian-Jewish Community
(U. Chicago), Pharisees, Scribes and Sadducees in Palestinian Society
: A Sociological Approach (M. Glazier), and Abot de Rabbi Nathan
(Brill). Tony will be sorely missed by all who knew and worked with
him.

A wake will take place 3-5 and 7-9 on Tuesday evening at the Eaton
Funeral Home, 465 Centre St., Newton Corner. The funeral will take
place on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at the St. Ignatius Church on
Commonwealth Avenue at the entrance to the Boston College campus

Sincerely,

David Vanderhooft <vanderho AT bc.edu>
Boston College

  • Sad News: Anthony J. Saldarini, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 09/17/2001