corpus-paul - Re: [Fwd: Query: sacred prostitution in Corinth?]

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Andrew Goddard" <andrew.goddard AT wycliffe-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Query: sacred prostitution in Corinth?]
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:59:35 -0000

Can't answer the question on Corinth myself but just perused [but resisted
temptation to buy] a fascinating new book in Blackwells by Bruce Winter
(Eerdmans) called (I think) What Happened When Paul Left Corinth which is
full of archaeological, literary and other evidence about the social world
of Corinth and light this sheds on various parts of Paul's letters. I'm
sure this would give a good account of the subject somewhere as well as
being of interest to other list members.

Andrew

Andrew Goddard,
Wycliffe Hall,
54 Banbury Rd,