corpus-paul - Re: Akenson's "Saint Saul"

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanos AT gvi.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Akenson's "Saint Saul"
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:45:29 -0600

Many list members will be interested in the new book
by Donald Akenson: ìSaint Saul: A Skeleton Key to the
Historical Jesusî, published by Oxford University
Press, ISBN 0-19-514157-1. The book is relevant to
both Paul- and Jesus-scholars, and it bridges the two
fields by arguing that the apostle offers more of a
window onto the historical Jesus than commonly
assumed.

Loren,
Thanks for this update. I have not yet read this work, but I am sympathetic to the idea that this is a useful way to approach the questions, actually, to pose some new questions too.

Would mind relating briefly what he argued about the resurrection?

Take care,
Mark Nanos
Lee's Summit, MO