corpus-paul - Re: The Decree of Acts 15

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jacob Knee" <jknee AT globalnet.co.uk>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Decree of Acts 15
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:21:44 +0100

There is actually some evidence of polygamy in first/second century Judea.
In the Babatha archive there is a note of litigation between two wives of a
man who had died in 130 CE.

See, N. Lewis, 'The Documents from the Bar Kokhba Period in the Cave of
Letters II: Greek Papyri'

There is also evidence of polygamy among the Herodian dynasty.

Jacob Knee
(Cam, Gloucestershire)