corpus-paul - RE: [corpus-Paul] RE: Galatian situation

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: ltwist <Ltwist AT leupold.com>
  • To: 'Corpus-paul' <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [corpus-Paul] RE: Galatian situation
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:30:22 -0700

Dieter-

If I may, timidly, share my thoughts w you re: your #6.
It seems that your concept of discipleship and that of the
Galatians vis a vis that of Paul's is the main issue of
the letter. ANY kind of discipleship is legalism in
another form as opposed to the treatment of sons in
freedom in a love relationship w The Father. I guess I
would ask you why the word MATHATAS didn't survive the
transition from the Gospels into the Epistles if that
was what Paul wanted from them. Gal. 5:1; 4:7.
lew