corpus-paul - Paul and Roman Law

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Frank W. Hughes" <fwhughes AT sunbeach.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Paul and Roman Law
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:32:42 -0300

Greetings from Barbados.  One of my students, who is a law lecturer at the University of the West Indies, asked me about Paul and Roman law.  Are there works that deal with the ways Roman law may have or did affect Paul and his theology?  Of course the whole business of dikaiosyne (righteousness, justification) comes to mind, as does the courtroom scene perhaps alluded to in Romans 8.

Frank W. Hughes
Lecturer in NT Studies
Codrington College
St. John
Barbados

  • Paul and Roman Law, Frank W. Hughes, 05/16/2000