corpus-paul - Re: Bultmann's "Paulus"

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bultmann's "Paulus"
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:59:38 -0400

At 03:46 PM 9/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm having trouble getting a hold of Bultmann's "Paulus".

In fact you can find it in the 4th edition of RGG-- Bultmann wrote the
article on Paul there. It isnt actually a book- though I do believe that
Ogden translated the RGG article many years ago and published it as a
"booklet".

The 5th edition of RGG has an article by G. Bornkamm on Paul.

> It's nicely
>translated by Ogden, but I want to look at the original.

Then see RGG 4th edition.

> Our library
>was unable to get the original periodical through Inter Liberary Loan.

Periodical?

>Does anyone know if it has been republished in some other form? I'm
>sure I'm showing my ignorance here, but is there a collected Werke of
>Bultmann's essays?

No- the closest thing you will find is his 4 volume Glauben und Verstehen.
He wrote lots of stuff-- but evidently he hasnt been treated with the same
honor as Barth in having a Gesamtausgabe publsihed of his works (though of
course he SHOULD!)

best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD