corpus-paul - Re: corpus-paul digest: September 21, 1999

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Bruce Fisk <fisk AT westmont.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: corpus-paul digest: September 21, 1999
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:05:09 -0700

This to Brian Tucker--you might consider Richard Hays' discussion in his
Echoes of
Scripture in the Letters of Paul (Yale, 1989), pp.111-121, for an artful and
thoughtful
treatment of Paul's appeal to the Hagar/Sarah narrative.
Bruce N. Fisk
Asst. Prof. of NT
Westmont College, Santa Barbara

> Subject: Paul's use of narrative
> From: "Brian Tucker" <music AT riverviewcog.org>
> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:55:12
>
> Greetings
>
> I have been asked to prepare a paper for presentation at a regional
> theological society meeting next year, the topic I have been given is
> "Paul's use of narrative to communicate theology: Sarah and Hagar as a test
> case." This is my first time to do this and I need some help.
> 1. Any general pointers on what to do and not to do?
> 2. Any bibliography suggestions on this topic in general or Sarah and Hagar
> specifically?
> 3. Any thoughts on this topic and how to proceed?
>
> I am an open book, a young scholar in embryo, well not that young...Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Brian Tucker
> music AT riverviewcog.org
> Riverview, MI

  • Re: corpus-paul digest: September 21, 1999, Bruce Fisk, 09/22/1999